Abstract:This paper extends the classical convergence theory for numerical solutions to initial and boundary value problems with continuous data (the right-hand side) to problems with Riemann integrable data. Order of convergence results are also obtained.
- Earl A. Coddington and Norman Levinson, Theory of ordinary differential equations, McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York-Toronto-London, 1955. MR 0069338
- Germund Dahlquist, Stability and error bounds in the numerical integration of ordinary differential equations, Kungl. Tekn. Högsk. Handl. Stockholm 130 (1959), 87. MR 102921 R. Goodman, Round-Off Error in the Numerical Solution of Retarded Ordinary Differential Equations, Thesis, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass., 1971.
- Peter Henrici, Discrete variable methods in ordinary differential equations, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York-London, 1962. MR 0135729
- Peter Henrici, Error propagation for difference method, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York-London, 1963. MR 0154416
- Milton Lees, Discrete methods for nonlinear two-point boundary value problems, Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations (Proc. Sympos. Univ. Maryland, 1965) Academic Press, New York, 1966, pp. 59–72. MR 0202323
- T. S. Zverkina, Approximate solution of differential equations with retarded argument and differential equations with discontinuous right-hand sides, Trudy Sem. Teor. Differencial. Uravneniĭ s Otklon. Argumentom Univ. Družby Narodov Patrisa Lumumby 1 (1962), 76–93 (Russian). MR 0185239
- © Copyright 1971 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 25 (1971), 729-732
- MSC: Primary 65L10
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1971-0303739-1
- MathSciNet review: 0303739