Abstract:The two-step Lax-Wendroff method in three spatial dimensions is discussed and, dealing with its linear stability in the hydrodynamic case, the sufficiency of the von Neumann condition is proved.
- Ephraim L. Rubin and Stanley Preiser, Three-dimensional second-order accurate difference schemes for discontinuous hydrodynamic flows, Math. Comp. 24 (1970), 57–63. MR 264904, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1970-0264904-4
- Robert D. Richtmyer and K. W. Morton, Difference methods for initial-value problems, 2nd ed., Interscience Tracts in Pure and Applied Mathematics, No. 4, Interscience Publishers John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York-London-Sydney, 1967. MR 0220455
- Heinz-Otto Kreiss, On difference approximations of the dissipative type for hyperbolic differential equations, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 17 (1964), 335–353. MR 166937, DOI 10.1002/cpa.3160170306 S. Z. Burstein, “High order accurate difference methods in hydrodynamics,” in Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, W. F. Ames (Editor), Academic Press, New York, 1967, pp. 279-290. MR 36 #510.
- © Copyright 1972 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 26 (1972), 41-43
- MSC: Primary 65P05; Secondary 76.65
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1972-0300457-1
- MathSciNet review: 0300457