Corrigendum: Math. Comp. 27 (1973), 1011-1012.
Abstract:In this note, the existence of an aliquot sequence with more than 5092 monotonically increasing even terms is proved; the first 125 terms are listed.
- J. D. Alanen, Empirical Study of Aliquot Series, Ph.D. Thesis, Yale University, New Haven, Conn., 1972.
- E. Catalan, Propositions et questions diverses, Bull. Soc. Math. France 16 (1888), 128–129 (French). MR 1504036
- Henri Cohen, On amicable and sociable numbers, Math. Comp. 24 (1970), 423–429. MR 271004, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1970-0271004-6 L. E. Dickson, "Theorems and tables on the sum of the divisors of a number," Quart. J. Pure Appl. Math., v. 44, 1913, pp. 264-296.
- Richard K. Guy and J. L. Selfridge, Interim report on aliquot series, Proceedings of the Manitoba Conference on Numerical Mathematics (Univ. Manitoba, Winnipeg, Man., 1971) Dept. Comput. Sci., Univ. Manitoba, Winnipeg, Man., 1971, pp. 557–580. MR 0335412 D. H. Lehmer, private communication. G. A. Paxson, Annapolis meeting of the Math. Assoc. of America, May 5th, 1956.
- Bryant Tuckerman, The 24th Mersenne prime, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 68 (1971), 2319–2320. MR 291072, DOI 10.1073/pnas.68.10.2319
- © Copyright 1973 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 27 (1973), 189-192
- MSC: Primary 10A40
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1973-0325522-5
- MathSciNet review: 0325522