Asymptotic expansions for product integration
Authors: Frank de Hoog and Richard Weiss
Journal: Math. Comp. 27 (1973), 295-306
MSC: Primary 65D30
MathSciNet review: 0329207
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: A generalized Euler-Maclaurin sum formula is established for product integration based on piecewise Lagrangian interpolation. The integrands considered may have algebraic or logarithmic singularities. The results are used to obtain accurate convergence rates of numerical methods for Fredholm and Volterra integral equations with singular kernels.
- Kendall E. Atkinson, The numerical solution of Fredholm integral equations of the second kind, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 4 (1967), 337–348. MR 224314, DOI https://doi.org/10.1137/0704029
- Christopher T. H. Baker and Graham S. Hodgson, Asymptotic expansions for integration formulas in one or more dimensions, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 8 (1971), 473–480. MR 285115, DOI https://doi.org/10.1137/0708043
- Peter Linz, Numerial methods for Volterra integral equations with singular kernels, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 6 (1969), 365–374. MR 260222, DOI https://doi.org/10.1137/0706034
- J. N. Lyness and B. W. Ninham, Numerical quadrature and asymptotic expansions, Math. Comp. 21 (1967), 162–178. MR 225488, DOI https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1967-0225488-X
- B. W. Ninham and J. N. Lyness, Further asymptotic expansions for the error functional, Math. Comp. 23 (1969), 71–83. MR 242351, DOI https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1969-0242351-0
- E. T. Whittaker and G. N. Watson, A course of modern analysis, Cambridge Mathematical Library, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1996. An introduction to the general theory of infinite processes and of analytic functions; with an account of the principal transcendental functions; Reprint of the fourth (1927) edition. MR 1424469
K. E. Atkinson, "The numerical solution of Fredholm integral equations of the second kind," SIAM J. Numer. Anal., v. 4, 1967, pp. 337-348. MR 36 #7358.
C. T. H. Baker & G. S. Hodgson, "Asymptotic expansions for integration formulas in one or more dimensions," SIAM J. Numer. Anal., v. 8, 1971, pp. 473-480. MR 44 #2339.
P. Linz, "Numerical methods for Volterra integral equations with singular kernels," SIAM J. Numer. Anal., v. 6, 1969, pp. 365-374. MR 41 #4850.
J. N. Lyness & B. W. Ninham, "Numerical quadrature and asymptotic expansions," Math. Comp., v. 21, 1967, pp. 162-178. MR 37 #1081.
B. W. Ninham & J. N. Lyness, "Further asymptotic expansions for the error functional," Math. Comp., v. 23, 1969, pp. 71-83. MR 39 #3682.
E. T. Whittaker & G. N. Watson, A Course of Modern Analysis, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 1958.
Retrieve articles in Mathematics of Computation with MSC: 65D30
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC: 65D30