Abstract:Let E be an elliptic curve defined over an algebraic number field K and assume that some Weierstrass equation for E over K is given. Then an algorithm is described which yields a global minimal Weierstrass equation for E over K provided such a global minimal Weierstrass equation does exist.
- John T. Tate, The arithmetic of elliptic curves, Invent. Math. 23 (1974), 179–206. MR 419359, DOI 10.1007/BF01389745 J. T. Tate, “Algorithm for determining the type of singular fiber in an elliptic pencil,” Modular Functions of One Variable. IV, Lecture Notes in Math., Vol. 476, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and New York, 1975.
- © Copyright 1982 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 38 (1982), 257-260
- MSC: Primary 14K15; Secondary 14-04, 14G25, 14K07
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1982-0637305-2
- MathSciNet review: 637305