An iterative method for the numerical inversion of Laplace transforms
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by Cristina Cunha and Fermin Viloche PDF
- Math. Comp. 64 (1995), 1193-1198 Request permission
Abstract:We present an algorithm for the numerical inversion of Laplace transforms that is a particular case of the iterated regularization method proposed by Vainikko in 1982. To construct the finite-dimensional space, we use Laguerre polynomials. Error bounds for the approximations are derived.
A. Erdélyi, W. Magnus, F. Oberhettinger, and F. Tricomi, Higher transcendental functions, Vol. 2, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1953.
D. Gottlieb and S. Orszag, Numerical analysis of spectral methods, SIAM, Philadelphia, PA, 1977.
- C. W. Groetsch, J. T. King, and D. Murio, Asymptotic analysis of a finite element method for Fredholm equations of the first kind, Treatment of integral equations by numerical methods (Durham, 1982) Academic Press, London, 1982, pp. 1–11. MR 755337
- J. Thomas King and David Chillingworth, Approximation of generalized inverses by iterated regularization, Numer. Funct. Anal. Optim. 1 (1979), no. 5, 499–513. MR 546129, DOI 10.1080/01630567908816031
- Eberhard Schock, Comparison principles for iterative methods, Inverse and ill-posed problems (Sankt Wolfgang, 1986) Notes Rep. Math. Sci. Engrg., vol. 4, Academic Press, Boston, MA, 1987, pp. 185–193. MR 1020315 G. M. Vainikko, The discrepancy principle for a class of regularization methods, U.S.S.R. Comput. Math. and Math. Phys. 22 (1982), 1-19.
- V. V. Vasin, Iterative methods for the approximate solution of ill-posed problems with a priori information and their applications, Inverse and ill-posed problems (Sankt Wolfgang, 1986) Notes Rep. Math. Sci. Engrg., vol. 4, Academic Press, Boston, MA, 1987, pp. 211–229. MR 1020317
- © Copyright 1995 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 64 (1995), 1193-1198
- MSC: Primary 65R30; Secondary 65R10
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1995-1297467-2
- MathSciNet review: 1297467