Abstract:We consider the evaluation of a recent generalization of the Ep- stein-Hubbell elliptic-type integral using the tau method approximation with a Chebyshev polynomial basis. This also leads to an approximation of Lauricella’s hypergeometric function of three variables. Numerical results are given for polynomial approximations of degree 6.
- A. Al-Zamel and S. Kalla, Epstein-Hubbell elliptictype integral and its generalizations, Appl. Math. Comput. 77 (1996), no. 1, 9–32. MR 1386688, DOI 10.1016/0096-3003(95)00147-6
- Leo F. Epstein and J. H. Hubbell, Evaluation of a generalized elliptic-type integral, J. Res. Nat. Bur. Standards Sect. B 67B (1963), 1–17. MR 160943, DOI 10.6028/jres.067B.001
- Harold Exton, Multiple hypergeometric functions and applications, Mathematics & its Applications, Ellis Horwood Ltd., Chichester; Halsted Press [John Wiley & Sons, Inc.], New York-London-Sydney, 1976. Foreword by L. J. Slater. MR 0422713
- M. L. Glasser and S. L. Kalla, Recursion relations for a class of generalized elliptic integrals, Rev. Técn. Fac. Ingr. Univ. Zulia 12 (1989), no. 1, 47–49 (English, with Spanish summary). MR 1028970
- J.H. Hubbell, R.L. Bach, and R.J. Herbold. Radiation field from a circular disk source. J. Res. NBS, 65C:249–264, 1961.
- Shyam L. Kalla, Salvador Conde, and J. H. Hubbell, Some results on generalized elliptic-type integrals, Appl. Anal. 22 (1986), no. 3-4, 273–287. MR 860994, DOI 10.1080/00036818608839623
- Shyam L. Kalla, C. Leubner, and J. H. Hubbell, Further results on generalized elliptic-type integrals, Appl. Anal. 25 (1987), no. 4, 269–274. MR 912185, DOI 10.1080/00036818708839690
- S.L. Kalla and V.K. Tuan. Asymptotic formulas for generalized elliptic-type integrals. In Proc. of the Intl. Wkshp. on Recent Advances in Applied Maths., Kuwait, 1996. Kuwait Univ. - KFAS.
- C. Lanczos. Trigonometric interpolation of empirical and analytical functions. J. Math. Phys., 17:123–199, 1938.
- Sam Perlis, Maximal orders in rational cyclic algebras of composite degree, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 46 (1939), 82–96. MR 15, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1939-0000015-X
- Eduardo L. Ortiz, The tau method, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 6 (1969), 480–492. MR 258287, DOI 10.1137/0706044
- Eduardo L. Ortiz, Canonical polynomials in the Lanczos tau method, Studies in numerical analysis (papers in honour of Cornelius Lanczos on the occasion of his 80th birthday), Academic Press, London, 1974, pp. 73–93. MR 0474847
- Wolfram Research, Inc. Mathematica. Wolfram Research, Inc., Champaign, Illinois, 1994. Version 2.2.
- H. G. Khajah
- Affiliation: Applied Sciences Department, College of Technical Studies – Paaet, P.O. Box 66814, Bayan 43759, Kuwait
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received by editor(s): May 16, 1998
- Published electronically: March 4, 1999
- © Copyright 1999 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 68 (1999), 1615-1621
- MSC (1991): Primary 33C65, 41A10; Secondary 65D20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-99-01128-X
- MathSciNet review: 1651763