Abstract:It is shown that inverse limit spaces of closed manifolds with covering maps as bonding maps are determined by their homeomorphism groups.
D. van Dantzig, Über topologisch homogene Kontinua, Fund. Math. 15 (1930), 102-125.
- P. H. Doyle and J. G. Hocking, Continuously invertible spaces, Pacific J. Math. 12 (1962), 499–503. MR 146803
- P. H. Doyle and J. G. Hocking, Invertible spaces, Amer. Math. Monthly 68 (1961), 959–965. MR 131864, DOI 10.2307/2311802
- Samuel Eilenberg and Norman Steenrod, Foundations of algebraic topology, Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J., 1952. MR 0050886
- M. C. McCord, Inverse limit sequences with covering maps, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 114 (1965), 197–209. MR 173237, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1965-0173237-0
- James T. Rogers Jr. and Jeffrey L. Tollefson, Involutions on solenoidal spaces, Fund. Math. 73 (1971/72), no. 1, 11–19. MR 296923, DOI 10.4064/fm-73-1-11-19 —, Homeomorphisms homotopic to induced homeomorphisms of weak solenoidal spaces (submitted).
- E. S. Thomas Jr., Spaces determined by their homeomorphism groups, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 126 (1967), 244–250. MR 205235, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1967-0205235-4
- © Copyright 1971 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 28 (1971), 242-246
- MSC: Primary 54.80
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1971-0271924-5
- MathSciNet review: 0271924