Abstract:It is proved that certain incidence relations of hyperplanes and closed convex sets in a d-polytope can be preserved while replacing these sets by suitable polytopal subsets.
- Branko Grünbaum, Convex polytopes, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 16, Interscience Publishers John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1967. With the cooperation of Victor Klee, M. A. Perles and G. C. Shephard. MR 0226496 W. R. Hare, Jr. and C. R. Smith, On convex subsets of a polytope, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. (to appear).
- A. J. Hoffman, On the covering of polyhedra by polyhedra, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 23 (1969), 123–126. MR 247570, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1969-0247570-7
- Joseph Zaks, On a conjecture of A. J. Hoffman, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 27 (1971), 122–125. MR 275282, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1971-0275282-1
- © Copyright 1972 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 34 (1972), 215-221
- MSC: Primary 52A25
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1972-0296810-7
- MathSciNet review: 0296810