Representation of universal algebras by sheaves
Abstract: It is proved that every (universal) algebra with distributive and permutable structure lattice is isomorphic with the algebra of all global sections with compact supports of a sheaf of homomorphic images of over a topological space. This completely generalises the corresponding result of Klaus Keimel for -rings.
-  Stephen D. Comer, Representations by algebras of sections over Boolean spaces, Pacific J. Math. 38 (1971), 29–38. MR 0304277
-  George Grätzer, Universal algebra, D. Van Nostrand Co., Inc., Princeton, N.J.-Toronto, Ont.-London, 1968. MR 0248066
-  Klaus Keimel, The representation of lattice-ordered groups and rings by sections in sheaves, Lectures on the applications of sheaves to ring theory (Tulane Univ. Ring and Operator Theory Year, 1970–1971, Vol. III), Springer, Berlin, 1971, pp. 1–98. Lecture Notes in Math., Vol. 248. MR 0422107
-  R. S. Pierce, Modules over commutative regular rings, Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, No. 70, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 1967. MR 0217056
-  A. F. Pixley, Clusters of algebras: Identities and structure lattices, Doctoral Dissertation, University of California, Berkeley, Calif., 1961.
- S. D. Comer, Representation by algebras of sections over Boolean spaces, Pacific. J. Math. 38 (1971), 29-38. MR 46 #3412. MR 0304277 (46:3412)
- G. Gratzer, Universal algebras, Van Nostrand, Princeton, N. J., 1968. MR 40 #1320. MR 0248066 (40:1320)
- K. Keimel, The representation of lattice-ordered rings by sections in sheaves, Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 248, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and New York, 1971. MR 0422107 (54:10099)
- R. S. Pierce, Modules over commutative regular rings, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. No. 70 (1967). MR 36 #151. MR 0217056 (36:151)
- A. F. Pixley, Clusters of algebras: Identities and structure lattices, Doctoral Dissertation, University of California, Berkeley, Calif., 1961.
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society with MSC: 08A25
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC: 08A25