Abstract:It is shown that the Ahlfors’ inequality for a complete Hermitian metric on the punctured disc with Gaussian curvature bounded below zero can be partially reversed for the averaged metric which is also complete and has the same curvature properties.
- Phillip A. Griffiths, Periods of integrals on algebraic manifolds: Summary of main results and discussion of open problems, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 76 (1970), 228–296. MR 258824, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9904-1970-12444-2
- Shoshichi Kobayashi, Hyperbolic manifolds and holomorphic mappings, Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 2, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1970. MR 0277770 A. Sommese, Algebraic properties of the period mapping, Thesis, Princeton University, Princeton, N. J., 1973.
- © Copyright 1974 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 45 (1974), 242-244
- MSC: Primary 32H20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1974-0355117-1
- MathSciNet review: 0355117