Abstract:It is shown that an intuitionistic model of set theory with the axiom of choice has to be a classical one.
- F. William Lawvere, Introduction, Toposes, algebraic geometry and logic (Conf., Dalhousie Univ., Halifax, N.S., 1971) Lecture Notes in Math., Vol. 274, Springer, Berlin, 1972, pp. 1–12. MR 0376798
- M. Tierney, Axiomatic sheaf theory: some constructions and applications, Categories and commutative algebra (C.I.M.E., III Ciclo, Varenna, 1971), Edizioni Cremonese, Rome, 1973, pp. 249–326. MR 0354800
- © Copyright 1975 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 51 (1975), 176-178
- MSC: Primary 02K20; Secondary 02K10, 18B05
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1975-0373893-X
- MathSciNet review: 0373893