Abstract:The skewness of distribution of an orientable closed ruled surface satisfies a four-vertices theorem.
- V. R. Chariar, Note on transversals which meet consecutive generators of a ruled surface at a constant angle, Bull. Calcutta Math. Soc. 37 (1945), 133–136. MR 15252
- Heinrich W. Guggenheimer, Differential geometry, McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York-San Francisco-Toronto-London, 1963. MR 0156266 —, Geometrical applications of integral calculus, Lectures on Calculus, edited by K. O. May, Holden-Day, San Francisco, Calif., 1967.
- © Copyright 1975 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 52 (1975), 343-344
- MSC: Primary 53A05
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1975-0375096-1
- MathSciNet review: 0375096