Abstract:The inner derivation induced by a hyponormal operator has closed range if and only if the operator has finite spectrum.
Joel H. Anderson and C. Foia[ill], On the range of a derivation, Pacific J. Math. (to appear).
- J. G. Stampfli, Hyponormal operators and spectral density, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 117 (1965), 469–476. MR 173161, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1965-0173161-3
- Joseph G. Stampfli, Compact perturbations, normal eigenvalues and a problem of Salinas, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 9 (1974/75), 165–175. MR 365196, DOI 10.1112/jlms/s2-9.1.165
- © Copyright 1975 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 52 (1975), 117-120
- MSC: Primary 47B20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1975-0377575-X
- MathSciNet review: 0377575