Abstract:Elementary arguments of projective geometry are used to obtain information about the limit behavior of solutions of ordinary linear differential equations if certain distributions of zeros do not occur.
- John H. Barrett, Oscillation theory of ordinary linear differential equations, Advances in Math. 3 (1969), 415–509. MR 257462, DOI 10.1016/0001-8708(69)90008-5
- George D. Birkhoff, On the solutions of ordinary linear homogeneous differential equations of the third order, Ann. of Math. (2) 12 (1911), no. 3, 103–127. MR 1503560, DOI 10.2307/2007241
- H. Guggenheimer, Homogeneous linear differential equations with only periodic solutions, Israel J. Math. 9 (1971), 49–52. MR 271469, DOI 10.1007/BF02771619
- H. Guggenheimer, Geometric theory of differential equations. IV. Two-point boundary value problems of linear equations, Rend. Mat. (6) 5 (1972), 237–250; addenda and corrigenda, ibid. (6) 5 (1972), 853 (English, with Italian summary). MR 454127
- Maurice Hanan, Oscillation criteria for third-order linear differential equations, Pacific J. Math. 11 (1961), 919–944. MR 145160
- F. Neuman, Geometrical approach to linear differential equations of the $n$-th order, Rend. Mat. (6) 5 (1972), 579–602 (English, with Italian summary). MR 324141
- Jerry R. Ridenhour and Thomas L. Sherman, Conjugate points for fourth order linear differential equations, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 22 (1972), 599–603. MR 303009, DOI 10.1137/0122056
- Beniamino Segre, Alcune proprietà differenziali in grande delle curve chiuse sghembe, Rend. Mat. (6) 1 (1968), 237–297 (Italian, with English summary). MR 243466 E. J. Wilczynski, Projective differential geometry of curves and ruled surfaces, Teubner, Leipzig, 1905; Chelsea, New York.
- © Copyright 1976 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 61 (1976), 275-279
- MSC: Primary 34C10
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1976-0473335-0
- MathSciNet review: 0473335