Abstract:Compact flows on certain 2-manifolds are characterized in terms of the bilateral stability properties of the orbits.
- Anatole Beck, Plane flows with closed orbits, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 114 (1965), 539–551. MR 175105, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1965-0175105-7
- Nam P. Bhatia, Semi-dynamical systems, Mathematical systems theory and economics, I, II (Proc. Internat. Summer School, Varenna, 1967) Lecture Notes in Operations Research and Mathematical Economics, Vols. 11, vol. 12, Springer, Berlin, 1969, pp. 303–318. MR 0325187
- Otomar Hájek, Dynamical systems in the plane, Academic Press, London-New York, 1968. MR 0240418 R. Knight, Certain closed flows on a 2-manifold (manuscript).
- Ronald A. Knight, Dynamical systems of characteristic $0$, Pacific J. Math. 41 (1972), 447–457. MR 314026
- Peter Seibert and Patricia Tulley, On dynamical systems in the plane, Arch. Math. (Basel) 18 (1967), 290–292. MR 217784, DOI 10.1007/BF01900636
- Ta-sun Wu, Continuous flows with closed orbits, Duke Math. J. 31 (1964), 463–469. MR 164334
- © Copyright 1977 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 64 (1977), 52-54
- MSC: Primary 54H20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1977-0440522-8
- MathSciNet review: 0440522