Abstract:In this paper summability of Fourier series by a regular linear method of summation determined by a triangular matrix, has been studied and various results—some known and some new—on Cesàro and Nörlund summability have been deduced. A convergence criterion has also been obtained.
- G. D. Dikshit, A note on Riesz and Nörlund means, Rend. Circ. Mat. Palermo (2) 18 (1969), 49–61. MR 283454, DOI 10.1007/BF02888945 G. H. Hardy, On the summability of Fourier series, Proc. London Math. Soc. (2) 12 (1913), 365-372; also in Collected papers of G. H Hardy, Vol. 3, Oxford Univ. Press, 1969, pp. 118-125.
- Godfrey Harold Hardy and John Edensor Littlewood, Some new convergence criteria for Fourier series, Ann. Scuola Norm. Super. Pisa Cl. Sci. (2) 3 (1934), no. 1, 43–62. MR 1556721
- Leonard McFadden, Absolute Nörlund summability, Duke Math. J. 9 (1942), 168–207. MR 6379
- T. Pati, A generalization of a theorem of Iyengar on the harmonic summability of Fourier series, Indian J. Math. 3 (1961), 85–90. MR 150530
- J. A. Siddiqi, On the harmonic summability of Fourier series, Proc. Indian Acad. Sci., Sect. A. 28 (1948), 527–531. MR 0027878
- Tarkeshwar Singh, On Nörlund summability of Fourier series and its conjugate series, Proc. Nat. Inst. Sci. India Part A 29 (1963), 65–73. MR 155142
- T. Singh, Nörlund summability of Fourier series and its conjugate series, Ann. Mat. Pura Appl. (4) 64 (1964), 123–132. MR 166550, DOI 10.1007/BF02410051
- Gen-ichiro Sunouchi, Convergence criteria for Fourier series, Tohoku Math. J. (2) 4 (1952), 187–193. MR 51955, DOI 10.2748/tmj/1178245421
- A. Zygmund, Trigonometric series: Vols. I, II, Cambridge University Press, London-New York, 1968. Second edition, reprinted with corrections and some additions. MR 0236587
- © Copyright 1984 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 92 (1984), 245-250
- MSC: Primary 42A24
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1984-0754712-1
- MathSciNet review: 754712