Abstract:We derive a necessary condition for all congruences on a lattice to be neutral, and we show that a stronger condition of the same type characterizes relatively complemented lattices. We also find a condition necessary and sufficient for all congruences to be neutral.
Chinthayamma Malliah and Parameshwara Bhatta, S., Generalizations of dually distributive and neutral ideals to convex sublattices. I, Notre Dame J. Formal Logic (submitted).
—, Generalizations of dually distributive and neutral ideals to convex sublattices. II, Notre Dame J. Formal Logic (submitted).
—, Lattices all of whose congruences are standard or distributive, Fund. Math. (submitted).
- George Grätzer, General lattice theory, Lehrbücher und Monographien aus dem Gebiete der Exakten Wissenschaften, Mathematische Reihe, Band 52, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel-Stuttgart, 1978. MR 504338
- Iqbalunnisa, Normal, simple and neutral congruences on lattices, Illinois J. Math. 10 (1966), 227–234. MR 190046
- M. F. Janowitz, A characterisation of standard ideals, Acta Math. Acad. Sci. Hungar. 16 (1965), 289–301 (English, with Russian summary). MR 186589, DOI 10.1007/BF01904837
- © Copyright 1985 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 94 (1985), 49-51
- MSC: Primary 06B10; Secondary 06C15
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1985-0781054-1
- MathSciNet review: 781054