Abstract:In this note we will construct uniquely arcwise connected continua admitting open and monotone fixed point free mappings, respectively. We will also show that each locally one-to-one map on a uniquely arcwise connected continuum has a fixed point.
A. Conner (to appear).
- Charles L. Hagopian, Uniquely arcwise connected plane continua have the fixed-point property, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 248 (1979), no. 1, 85–104. MR 521694, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1979-0521694-X
- Lee Mohler, The fixed point property for homeomorphisms of $1$-arcwise connected continua, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 52 (1975), 451–456. MR 391064, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1975-0391064-8
- Lex G. Oversteegen, Open retractions and locally confluent mappings of certain continua, Houston J. Math. 6 (1980), no. 1, 113–125. MR 575919
- G. S. Young, Fixed-point theorems for arcwise connected continua, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 11 (1960), 880–884. MR 117711, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1960-0117711-2
- © Copyright 1985 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 95 (1985), 476-482
- MSC: Primary 54F20; Secondary 54F50, 54H25
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1985-0806091-X
- MathSciNet review: 806091