Abstract:It is shown that any two bivariate polynomials can be made linearly disjoint by applying a linear transformation to one of the variables in one of the polynomials. From this it is deduced that the algebraic fundamental group of an affine line is closed relative to direct products.
- Shreeram S. Abhyankar, Wreath products and enlargements of groups, Discrete Math. 120 (1993), no. 1-3, 1–12. MR 1235890, DOI 10.1016/0012-365X(93)90560-G
- Kenkichi Iwasawa and Tsuneo Tamagawa, On the group of automorphisms of a function field, J. Math. Soc. Japan 3 (1951), 137–147. MR 43832, DOI 10.2969/jmsj/00310137
- © Copyright 1992 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 116 (1992), 7-12
- MSC: Primary 12F10; Secondary 14E22, 14H30
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1992-1095218-7
- MathSciNet review: 1095218