Abstract:We give an existence theorem of solutions to the evolution equation $(d/dt)u(t) = Au(t)$ for a weakly closed operator $A$ with some conditions on its resolvent in a reflexive Banach space.
- Einar Hille and Ralph S. Phillips, Functional analysis and semi-groups, American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications, Vol. 31, American Mathematical Society, Providence, R.I., 1957. rev. ed. MR 0089373
- Shigeo Kanda, Convergence of difference approximations and nonlinear semigroups, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 108 (1990), no. 3, 741–748. MR 990425, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1990-0990425-1
- © Copyright 1992 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 116 (1992), 121-126
- MSC: Primary 47H20; Secondary 34G20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1992-1102857-3
- MathSciNet review: 1102857