Abstract:We look at a triangular system of n equations and reinvestigate a related function introduced by Chen and Kuck. Our main contribution is to provide a new proof of a result which forms the basis of their work.
A. Blasius, Parallel processing of linear recurrence systems, Rep. No. 8712611, Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Adelphi University, New York, 1987.
- Shyh Ching Chen and David J. Kuck, Time and parallel processor bounds for linear recurrence systems, IEEE Trans. Comput. C-24 (1975), 701–717. MR 416105, DOI 10.1109/t-c.1975.224291 D. J. Kuck, Parallel processing of ordinary programs, Advances in Computers (M. Rubinoff and M. C. Yovits, eds.), vol. 15, Academic Press, New York, 1976, pp. 119-179.
- Ahmed H. Sameh and Richard P. Brent, Solving triangular systems on a parallel computer, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 14 (1977), no. 6, 1101–1113. MR 458826, DOI 10.1137/0714076
- © Copyright 1994 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 121 (1994), 1003-1008
- MSC: Primary 11B37
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1994-1249870-5
- MathSciNet review: 1249870