Abstract:We characterize the minimal vectors (or extremal vectors) for the operator of multiplication by $(z-1)$ on $H^2.$ We then give an application to infinite systems of equations.
- S. Ansari and P. Enflo. Extremal vectors and invariant subspaces. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society. To appear.
- Angela Spalsbury
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, University of the Witwatersrand, PO Box 3, Wits 2050, South Africa
- Address at time of publication: Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44242
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received by editor(s): February 11, 1997
- Communicated by: Theodore W. Gamelin
- © Copyright 1998 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 126 (1998), 2737-2745
- MSC (1991): Primary 47A15, 47B38
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-98-04703-0
- MathSciNet review: 1476393