On the projectivity of module coalgebras
Author: Siu-Hung Ng
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 126 (1998), 3191-3198
MSC (1991): Primary 16W30
MathSciNet review: 1469428
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: In this paper, we derive some criteria for the projectivity of a module coalgebra over a finite dimensional Hopf algebra. In particular, we show that any Hopf algebra over a field of characteristic zero is faithfully flat over its group-like subHopf algebra. Finally, we prove that if $B$ is a finite dimensional subHopf algebra of a Hopf algebra $A$, then $B$ is normal in $A$ if and only if $AB^+ = B^+A$. This improves a result by S. Montgomery (1993).
- Charles W. Curtis and Irving Reiner, Representation theory of finite groups and associative algebras, Wiley Classics Library, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1988. Reprint of the 1962 original; A Wiley-Interscience Publication. MR 1013113
- Yukio Doi, On the structure of relative Hopf modules, Comm. Algebra 11 (1983), no. 3, 243–255. MR 688207, DOI https://doi.org/10.1080/00927878308822847
- Irving Kaplansky, Bialgebras, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Department of Mathematics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill., 1975. MR 0435126
- Susan Montgomery, Hopf algebras and their actions on rings, CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, vol. 82, Published for the Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences, Washington, DC; by the American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1993. MR 1243637
- Warren D. Nichols and M. Bettina Zoeller, A Hopf algebra freeness theorem, Amer. J. Math. 111 (1989), no. 2, 381–385. MR 987762, DOI https://doi.org/10.2307/2374514
- David E. Radford, Freeness (projectivity) criteria for Hopf algebras over Hopf subalgebras, J. Pure Appl. Algebra 11 (1977/78), no. 1-3, 15–28. MR 476790, DOI https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-4049%2877%2990035-4
- Hans-Jürgen Schneider, Some remarks on exact sequences of quantum groups, Comm. Algebra 21 (1993), no. 9, 3337–3357. MR 1228767, DOI https://doi.org/10.1080/00927879308824733
- Moss E. Sweedler, Hopf algebras, Mathematics Lecture Note Series, W. A. Benjamin, Inc., New York, 1969. MR 0252485
- Mitsuhiro Takeuchi, Quotient spaces for Hopf algebras, Comm. Algebra 22 (1994), no. 7, 2503–2523. MR 1271619, DOI https://doi.org/10.1080/00927879408824973
- C. W. Curtis and I. Reiner, Representation Theory of Finite Groups and Associative Algebras (Interscience, New York, 1962).
- Y. Doi, On the structure of relative Hopf modules, Comm. Algebra 11 (1983), 243-255.
- I. Kaplansky, Bialgebras, Chicago Press, 1975.
- S. Montgomery, Hopf algebras and their actions on rings, CBMS Lecture Notes, vol. 82, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1993.
- W. D. Nichols and M. B. Zoeller, A Hopf algebra freeness theorem, Amer. J. Math. 111 (1989), 381-385.
- D. E. Radford, Freeness (projectivity) criteria for Hopf algebras over Hopf subalgebras, J. Pure Appl. Algebra 11 (1977) 15-28.
- H.-J. Schneider, Some remarks on exact sequences of quantum groups. Comm. Algebra 21 (1993), 3337-3357.
- M. Sweedler, Hopf algebras, Benjamin, New York, 1969.
- M. Takeuchi, Quotient spaces for Hopf algebras. Comm. Algebra 22 (1994), 2503-2523.
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society with MSC (1991): 16W30
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC (1991): 16W30
Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903
Address at time of publication: Department of Mathematics, University of California at Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California 95064
MR Author ID: 343929
Received by editor(s): September 27, 1996
Received by editor(s) in revised form: April 3, 1997
Communicated by: Ken Goodearl
Article copyright: © Copyright 1998 American Mathematical Society