Abstract:We derive identities of differential operators on complex general linear groups which appear in the differential equations satisfied by weighted orbital integrals. These identities stem from and have applications to comparisons of metaplectic coverings.
- James Arthur, Stabilization of a family of differential equations, The mathematical legacy of Harish-Chandra (Baltimore, MD, 1998) Proc. Sympos. Pure Math., vol. 68, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2000, pp. 77–95. MR 1767893, DOI 10.1090/pspum/068/1767893
- James Arthur, The characters of discrete series as orbital integrals, Invent. Math. 32 (1976), no. 3, 205–261. MR 412348, DOI 10.1007/BF01425569
- James Arthur, On a family of distributions obtained from Eisenstein series. I. Application of the Paley-Wiener theorem, Amer. J. Math. 104 (1982), no. 6, 1243–1288. MR 681737, DOI 10.2307/2374061
- James Arthur, The local behaviour of weighted orbital integrals, Duke Math. J. 56 (1988), no. 2, 223–293. MR 932848, DOI 10.1215/S0012-7094-88-05612-8
- Anthony W. Knapp, Representation theory of semisimple groups, Princeton Mathematical Series, vol. 36, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1986. An overview based on examples. MR 855239, DOI 10.1515/9781400883974
- Anthony W. Knapp, Lie groups beyond an introduction, Progress in Mathematics, vol. 140, Birkhäuser Boston, Inc., Boston, MA, 1996. MR 1399083, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4757-2453-0
- P. Mezo. Matching of weighted orbital integrals for metaplectic correspondences. Canad. Math. Bull. 44:482–490, 2001.
- P. Mezo. Some global correspondences for general linear groups and their metaplectic coverings. Technical report, Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik Bonn, 2000. Preprint series number 55.
- Paul Mezo
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3G3
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): May 9, 2001
- Published electronically: March 14, 2002
- Communicated by: Dennis A. Hejhal
- © Copyright 2002 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 130 (2002), 3101-3110
- MSC (2000): Primary 22E30
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-02-06549-8
- MathSciNet review: 1908936