Abstract:Let $G$ be a nontrivial torsion group and $R$ be the ring of integers of an algebraic number field. The necessary and sufficient conditions are given under which $RG$ has only trivial units.
- Allen Herman, Yuanlin Li, and M. M. Parmenter, Trivial units for group rings with $G$-adapted coefficient rings, Canad. Math. Bull. 48 (2005), no. 1, 80–89. MR 2118765, DOI 10.4153/CMB-2005-007-1
- Graham. Higman, The units of group-rings, Proc. London Math. Soc. (2) 46 (1940), 231–248. MR 2137, DOI 10.1112/plms/s2-46.1.231
- Kenneth Ireland and Michael Rosen, A classical introduction to modern number theory, 2nd ed., Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 84, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1990. MR 1070716, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4757-2103-4
- M. Mazur, Groups normal in the unit groups of their group rings, preprint.
- César Polcino Milies and Sudarshan K. Sehgal, An introduction to group rings, Algebra and Applications, vol. 1, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 2002. MR 1896125, DOI 10.1007/978-94-010-0405-3
- Allen Herman
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada S4S 0A2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yuanlin Li
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Brock University, St. Catharine’s, Ontario, Canada L2S 3A1
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): August 6, 2004
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: October 1, 2004
- Published electronically: July 18, 2005
- Additional Notes: This research was supported in part by Discovery Grants from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.
- Communicated by: Martin Lorenz
- © Copyright 2005 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 134 (2006), 631-635
- MSC (2000): Primary 16S34; Secondary 16U60
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-05-08018-4
- MathSciNet review: 2180878