Abstract:Exploring abundance and nonlacunarity of hyperbolic times for endomorphisms preserving an ergodic probability with positive Lyapunov exponents, we obtain that there are periodic points of period growing sublinearly with respect to the length of almost every dynamical ball. In particular, we conclude that any ergodic measure with positive Lyapunov exponents satisfies the nonuniform specification property. As consequences, we (re)obtain estimates on the recurrence to a ball in terms of the Lyapunov exponents, and we prove that any expanding measure is the limit of Dirac measures on periodic points.
- José Ferreira Alves and Vítor Araújo, Random perturbations of nonuniformly expanding maps, Astérisque 286 (2003), xvii, 25–62 (English, with English and French summaries). Geometric methods in dynamics. I. MR 2052296
- José F. Alves, Christian Bonatti, and Marcelo Viana, SRB measures for partially hyperbolic systems whose central direction is mostly expanding, Invent. Math. 140 (2000), no. 2, 351–398. MR 1757000, DOI 10.1007/s002220000057
- Ludwig Arnold, Random dynamical systems, Springer Monographs in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998. MR 1723992, DOI 10.1007/978-3-662-12878-7
- B. Saussol, S. Troubetzkoy, and S. Vaienti, Recurrence and Lyapunov exponents, Mosc. Math. J. 3 (2003), no. 1, 189–203, 260 (English, with English and Russian summaries). MR 1996808, DOI 10.17323/1609-4514-2003-3-1-189-203
- Rufus Bowen, Periodic orbits for hyperbolic flows, Amer. J. Math. 94 (1972), 1–30. MR 298700, DOI 10.2307/2373590
- Rufus Bowen, Some systems with unique equilibrium states, Math. Systems Theory 8 (1974/75), no. 3, 193–202. MR 399413, DOI 10.1007/BF01762666
- Chao Liang, Geng Liu, and Wenxiang Sun, Approximation properties on invariant measure and Oseledec splitting in non-uniformly hyperbolic systems, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 361 (2009), no. 3, 1543–1579. MR 2457408, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-08-04630-8
- A. Katok, Lyapunov exponents, entropy and periodic orbits for diffeomorphisms, Inst. Hautes Études Sci. Publ. Math. 51 (1980), 137–173. MR 573822
- Krerley Oliveira, Equilibrium states for non-uniformly expanding maps, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 23 (2003), no. 6, 1891–1905. MR 2032493, DOI 10.1017/S0143385703000257
- Krerley Oliveira and Marcelo Viana, Thermodynamical formalism for robust classes of potentials and non-uniformly hyperbolic maps, Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems 28 (2008), no. 2, 501–533. MR 2408389, DOI 10.1017/S0143385707001009
- V. I. Oseledec, A multiplicative ergodic theorem. Characteristic Ljapunov, exponents of dynamical systems, Trudy Moskov. Mat. Obšč. 19 (1968), 179–210 (Russian). MR 0240280
- Ya. B. Pesin. Characteristic Lyapunov exponents and smooth ergodic theory. Russian Math. Surveys, 32(4):55–114, 1977.
- V. Pinheiro. Expanding measures. Preprint, 2008, http://arxiv.org/abs/0811.2545. To appear in Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré Anal. Non Linéaire.
- V. A. Pliss, The position of the separatrices of saddle-point periodic motions of systems of second order differential equations, Differencial′nye Uravnenija 7 (1971), 1199–1225, 1340–1341 (Russian). MR 0285770
- W. Sun and X. Tian. Pesin set, closing lemma and shadowing lemma in $C^1$ non-uniformly hyperbolic systems with limit domination. Preprint, 2010, arXiv:1004.0486.
- P. Varandas. Non-uniform specification and large deviations for weak Gibbs measures, arXiv:0906.3350v2, February 2010.
- Krerley Oliveira
- Affiliation: Instituto de Matemática, Universidade Federal de Alagoas, 57072-090 Maceió, AL, Brazil
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received by editor(s): July 28, 2010
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: December 22, 2010, and December 27, 2010
- Published electronically: July 29, 2011
- Additional Notes: This work was partially supported by CNPq, CAPES, FAPEAL, INCTMAT and PRONEX
- Communicated by: Bryna Kra
- © Copyright 2011
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 140 (2012), 1309-1320
- MSC (2010): Primary 37D25, 37A99
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-2011-10985-7
- MathSciNet review: 2869114