Abstract:We show that the Hardy space on the unit disk is the only non-trivial irreducible reproducing kernel Hilbert space which satisfies the complete Nevanlinna-Pick property and hyponormality of all multiplication operators.
- Jim Agler and John E. McCarthy, Complete Nevanlinna-Pick kernels, J. Funct. Anal. 175 (2000), no. 1, 111–124. MR 1774853, DOI 10.1006/jfan.2000.3599
- Jim Agler and John E. McCarthy, Pick interpolation and Hilbert function spaces, Graduate Studies in Mathematics, vol. 44, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2002.
- Călin-Grigore Ambrozie and Dan Timotin, On an intertwining lifting theorem for certain reproducing kernel Hilbert spaces, Integral Equations Operator Theory 42 (2002), no. 4, 373–384. MR 1885440, DOI 10.1007/BF01270919
- William Arveson, Subalgebras of $C^*$-algebras. III. Multivariable operator theory, Acta Math. 181 (1998), no. 2, 159–228. MR 1668582, DOI 10.1007/BF02392585
- Joseph A. Ball, Tavan T. Trent, and Victor Vinnikov, Interpolation and commutant lifting for multipliers on reproducing kernel Hilbert spaces, Operator theory and analysis (Amsterdam, 1997) Oper. Theory Adv. Appl., vol. 122, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2001, pp. 89–138. MR 1846055
- L. E. J. Brouwer, Beweis der invarianz des $n$-dimensionalen gebiets, Math. Ann. 71 (1911), no. 3, 305–313 (German). MR 1511658, DOI 10.1007/BF01456846
- John B. Garnett, Bounded analytic functions, 1st ed., Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 236, Springer, New York, 2007. MR 2261424
- Allen L. Shields, Weighted shift operators and analytic function theory, Topics in operator theory, Math. Surveys, No. 13, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R.I., 1974, pp. 49–128. MR 0361899
- Michael Hartz
- Affiliation: Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
- MR Author ID: 997298
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received by editor(s): August 18, 2013
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: September 17, 2013, and September 25, 2013
- Published electronically: March 12, 2015
- Additional Notes: The author was partially supported by an Ontario Trillium Scholarship.
- Communicated by: Pamela B. Gorkin
- © Copyright 2015
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 143 (2015), 2905-2912
- MSC (2010): Primary 46E22; Secondary 47B32, 47B20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-2015-12373-8
- MathSciNet review: 3336615