Abstract:We prove a criterion for determining whether the normalization of a complex analytic space on which the shifted constant sheaf is perverse is a rational homology manifold, using a perverse sheaf known as the multiple-point complex. This perverse sheaf is naturally associated to any space on which the shifted constant sheaf is perverse, and has several interesting connections with the Milnor monodromy and mixed Hodge modules.
- Walter Borho and Robert MacPherson, Partial resolutions of nilpotent varieties, Analysis and topology on singular spaces, II, III (Luminy, 1981) Astérisque, vol. 101, Soc. Math. France, Paris, 1983, pp. 23–74. MR 737927
- Mark Goresky and Robert MacPherson, Intersection homology. II, Invent. Math. 72 (1983), no. 1, 77–129. MR 696691, DOI 10.1007/BF01389130
- B. Hepler, Deformation Formulas for Parameterizable Hypersurfaces, ArXiv e-prints (2017).
- Brian Hepler and David B. Massey, Perverse results on Milnor fibers inside parameterized hypersurfaces, Publ. Res. Inst. Math. Sci. 52 (2016), no. 4, 413–433. MR 3579659, DOI 10.4171/PRIMS/186
- Stanisław Łojasiewicz, Introduction to complex analytic geometry, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 1991. Translated from the Polish by Maciej Klimek. MR 1131081, DOI 10.1007/978-3-0348-7617-9
- David B. Massey, Intersection cohomology, monodromy and the Milnor fiber, Internat. J. Math. 20 (2009), no. 4, 491–507. MR 2515051, DOI 10.1142/S0129167X0900539X
- David B. Massey, Intersection Cohomology and Perverse Eigenspaces of the Monodromy, ArXiv e-prints (2017).
- Morihiko Saito, Mixed Hodge modules, Publ. Res. Inst. Math. Sci. 26 (1990), no. 2, 221–333. MR 1047415, DOI 10.2977/prims/1195171082
- Morihiko Saito, Weight zero part of the first cohomology of complex algebraic varieties, ArXiv e-prints (2018).
- Hassler Whitney, Complex analytic varieties, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Reading, Mass.-London-Don Mills, Ont., 1972. MR 387634
- Brian Hepler
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
- MR Author ID: 1188759
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received by editor(s): May 8, 2018
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: August 7, 2018
- Published electronically: December 12, 2018
- Communicated by: Mark Behrens
- © Copyright 2018 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 147 (2019), 1605-1613
- MSC (2010): Primary 32S60, 32S35, 32S40, 32B10
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/proc/14391
- MathSciNet review: 3910425