Abstract:We characterize the kernel of the mixed ray transform on simple $2$-dimensional Riemannian manifolds, that is, on simple surfaces for tensors of any order.
- Lars V. Ahlfors, Conformality with respect to Riemannian metrics, Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn. Ser. A. I. 1955 (1955), no. 206, 22. MR 74855
- Yu. E. Anikonov and V. G. Romanov, On uniqueness of determination of a form of first degree by its integrals along geodesics, J. Inverse Ill-Posed Probl. 5 (1997), no. 6, 487–490 (1998). MR 1623603, DOI 10.1515/jiip.1918.104.22.1687
- C. H. Chapman and R. G. Pratt, Traveltime tomography in anisotropic media – I. Theory, Geophys. J. Internat. 109 (1992), no. 1, 1–19.
- Nurlan S. Dairbekov, Integral geometry problem for nontrapping manifolds, Inverse Problems 22 (2006), no. 2, 431–445. MR 2216407, DOI 10.1088/0266-5611/22/2/003
- Sean Holman, Generic local uniqueness and stability in polarization tomography, J. Geom. Anal. 23 (2013), no. 1, 229–269. MR 3010279, DOI 10.1007/s12220-011-9245-5
- Venkateswaran P Krishnan, Rohit Kumar Mishra, and François Monard, On s-injective and injective ray transforms of tensor fields on surfaces, Journal of Inverse and Ill-posed Problems (to appear), preprint arXiv:1807.10730 (2018).
- R. G. Mukhometov, On the problem of integral geometry (Russian), Math. problems of geophysics, Akad. Nauk SSSR, Sibirsk., Otdel., Vychisl., Tsentr, Novosibirsk 6 (1975).
- R. G. Muhometov, On a problem of reconstructing Riemannian metrics, Sibirsk. Mat. Zh. 22 (1981), no. 3, 119–135, 237 (Russian). MR 621466
- Roman Novikov and Vladimir Sharafutdinov, On the problem of polarization tomography. I, Inverse Problems 23 (2007), no. 3, 1229–1257. MR 2329942, DOI 10.1088/0266-5611/23/3/023
- Gabriel P. Paternain, Mikko Salo, and Gunther Uhlmann, Tensor tomography on surfaces, Invent. Math. 193 (2013), no. 1, 229–247. MR 3069117, DOI 10.1007/s00222-012-0432-1
- G. P. Paternain, M. Salo, G. Uhlmann, and H. Zhou, The geodesic x-ray transform with matrix weights, preprint, arXiv:1605.07894 2, 2016.
- L. Pestov, Well-posedness questions of the ray tomography problems (Russian), Siberian Science Press, Novosibirsk, 2003.
- L. N. Pestov and V. A. Sharafutdinov, Integral geometry of tensor fields on a manifold of negative curvature, Sibirsk. Mat. Zh. 29 (1988), no. 3, 114–130, 221 (Russian); English transl., Siberian Math. J. 29 (1988), no. 3, 427–441 (1989). MR 953028, DOI 10.1007/BF00969652
- Leonid Pestov and Gunther Uhlmann, Two dimensional compact simple Riemannian manifolds are boundary distance rigid, Ann. of Math. (2) 161 (2005), no. 2, 1093–1110. MR 2153407, DOI 10.4007/annals.2005.161.1093
- V. A. Sharafutdinov, Integral geometry of tensor fields, Inverse and Ill-posed Problems Series, VSP, Utrecht, 1994. MR 1374572, DOI 10.1515/9783110900095
- Vladimir Sharafutdinov, Variations of Dirichlet-to-Neumann map and deformation boundary rigidity of simple 2-manifolds, J. Geom. Anal. 17 (2007), no. 1, 147–187. MR 2302878, DOI 10.1007/BF02922087
- Plamen Stefanov and Gunther Uhlmann, Boundary rigidity and stability for generic simple metrics, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 18 (2005), no. 4, 975–1003. MR 2163868, DOI 10.1090/S0894-0347-05-00494-7
- Plamen Stefanov and Gunther Uhlmann, Stability estimates for the X-ray transform of tensor fields and boundary rigidity, Duke Math. J. 123 (2004), no. 3, 445–467. MR 2068966, DOI 10.1215/S0012-7094-04-12332-2
- Plamen Stefanov, Gunther Uhlmann, and András Vasy, Inverting the local geodesic X-ray transform on tensors, J. Anal. Math. 136 (2018), no. 1, 151–208. MR 3892472, DOI 10.1007/s11854-018-0058-3
- John Sylvester, An anisotropic inverse boundary value problem, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 43 (1990), no. 2, 201–232. MR 1038142, DOI 10.1002/cpa.3160430203
- Gunther Uhlmann and András Vasy, The inverse problem for the local geodesic ray transform, Invent. Math. 205 (2016), no. 1, 83–120. MR 3514959, DOI 10.1007/s00222-015-0631-7
- Maarten V. de Hoop
- Affiliation: Simons Chair in Computational and Applied Mathematics and Earth Science, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005
- MR Author ID: 311568
- Email: email@example.com
- Teemu Saksala
- Affiliation: Department of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University, Houston, Texas, 77005
- MR Author ID: 1277799
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jian Zhai
- Affiliation: Institute for Advanced Study, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
- MR Author ID: 1206056
- ORCID: 0000-0002-2374-8922
- Received by editor(s): August 7, 2018
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: February 2, 2019, February 21, 2019, and February 22, 2019
- Published electronically: June 10, 2019
- Additional Notes: The work of the first author was partially supported by the Simons Foundation under the MATH + X program, the National Science Foundation under grant DMS-1815143, and by members of the Geo-Mathematical Imaging Group at Rice University.
The second author was supported by the Simons Foundation under the MATH + X program.
The third author was supported by the Simons Foundation under the MATH + X program.
- Communicated by: Michael Hitrik
- © Copyright 2019 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 147 (2019), 4901-4913
- MSC (2010): Primary 44A12, 53A35, 53C22, 58C99, 58J90
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/proc/14601
- MathSciNet review: 4011522