On the decomposition of Langlands subrepresentations for a group in the Harish-Chandra class
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by Eugenio Garnica-Vigil PDF
- Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 347 (1995), 1609-1648 Request permission
Abstract:When a group $G$ is in the Harish-Chandra class, the goal of classifying its tempered representations and the goal of decomposing the Langlands subrepresentation for any of its standard representations are equivalent. The main result of this work is given in Theorem (5.3.5) that consists of a formula for decomposing any Langlands subrepresentation for the group $G$. The classification of tempered representations is a consequence of this theorem (Corollary (5.3.6)).
- Jeffrey Adams, Dan Barbasch, and David A. Vogan Jr., The Langlands classification and irreducible characters for real reductive groups, Progress in Mathematics, vol. 104, Birkhäuser Boston, Inc., Boston, MA, 1992. MR 1162533, DOI 10.1007/978-1-4612-0383-4
- James Arthur, On elliptic tempered characters, Acta Math. 171 (1993), no. 1, 73–138. MR 1237898, DOI 10.1007/BF02392767
- Armand Borel and Nolan R. Wallach, Continuous cohomology, discrete subgroups, and representations of reductive groups, Annals of Mathematics Studies, No. 94, Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J.; University of Tokyo Press, Tokyo, 1980. MR 554917
- Charles W. Curtis and Irving Reiner, Representation theory of finite groups and associative algebras, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. XI, Interscience Publishers (a division of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), New York-London, 1962. MR 0144979 D. A. Vogan, Representations of real reductive Lie groups, Progress in Math., Birkhäuser, Boston, MA, 1981.
- Sigurđur Helgason, Differential geometry and symmetric spaces, Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol. XII, Academic Press, New York-London, 1962. MR 0145455
- Harish-Chandra, Representations of a semisimple Lie group on a Banach space. I, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 75 (1953), 185–243. MR 56610, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1953-0056610-2 —, Representations of semi-simple Lie groups III, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 76 (1954), 234-253. —, Supertempered distributions on a real reductive group, Collected Papers, Vol. IV, Springer-Verlag.
- Anthony W. Knapp, Representation theory of semisimple groups, Princeton Mathematical Series, vol. 36, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1986. An overview based on examples. MR 855239, DOI 10.1515/9781400883974
- A. W. Knapp and Gregg J. Zuckerman, Classification of irreducible tempered representations of semisimple groups, Ann. of Math. (2) 116 (1982), no. 2, 389–455. MR 672840, DOI 10.2307/2007066
- J. Lepowsky, Algebraic results on representations of semisimple Lie groups, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 176 (1973), 1–44. MR 346093, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1973-0346093-X I. Mirković, Classification of irreducible tempered representations of semi-simple groups, Ph.D. thesis, Univ. of Utah, 1986.
- Birgit Speh and David A. Vogan Jr., Reducibility of generalized principal series representations, Acta Math. 145 (1980), no. 3-4, 227–299. MR 590291, DOI 10.1007/BF02414191 D. A. Vogan, The algebraic structure of the representations of semi-simple Lie groups I, Ann. of Math. 109 (1976), 1-60.
- David A. Vogan Jr., Irreducible characters of semisimple Lie groups. I, Duke Math. J. 46 (1979), no. 1, 61–108. MR 523602
- Nolan R. Wallach, Representations of semi-simple Lie groups and Lie algebras, Lie theories and their applications (Proc. Ann. Sem. Canad. Math. Congr., Queen’s Univ., Kingston, Ont., 1977) Academic Press, New York, 1978, pp. 154–246. MR 500458
- Nolan R. Wallach, Real reductive groups. I, Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 132, Academic Press, Inc., Boston, MA, 1988. MR 929683
- Nolan R. Wallach, Real reductive groups. II, Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 132, Academic Press, Inc., Boston, MA, 1992. MR 1170566
- © Copyright 1995 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 347 (1995), 1609-1648
- MSC: Primary 22E46; Secondary 22E47
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-1995-1297526-0
- MathSciNet review: 1297526