Abstract:We describe a natural isomorphism between the set of equivalence classes of pseudocycles and the integral homology groups of a smooth manifold. Our arguments generalize to settings well-suited for applications in enumerative algebraic geometry and for construction of the virtual fundamental class in the Gromov-Witten theory.
- M. G. Barratt and John Milnor, An example of anomalous singular homology, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 13 (1962), 293–297. MR 137110, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1962-0137110-9
- Kenji Fukaya and Kaoru Ono, Arnold conjecture and Gromov-Witten invariant, Topology 38 (1999), no. 5, 933–1048. MR 1688434, DOI 10.1016/S0040-9383(98)00042-1
- M. Gromov, Pseudo holomorphic curves in symplectic manifolds, Invent. Math. 82 (1985), no. 2, 307–347. MR 809718, DOI 10.1007/BF01388806
- P. Kahn, Pseudohomology and Homology, math.AT/0111223.
- Jun Li and Gang Tian, Virtual moduli cycles and Gromov-Witten invariants of general symplectic manifolds, Topics in symplectic $4$-manifolds (Irvine, CA, 1996) First Int. Press Lect. Ser., I, Int. Press, Cambridge, MA, 1998, pp. 47–83. MR 1635695
- D. McDuff and D. Salamon, Introduction to $J$-Holomorphic Curves, AMS, 1994.
- J. Munkres, Topology, Prentice Hall, 1999.
- James R. Munkres, Elements of algebraic topology, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Menlo Park, CA, 1984. MR 755006
- Yongbin Ruan and Gang Tian, A mathematical theory of quantum cohomology, J. Differential Geom. 42 (1995), no. 2, 259–367. MR 1366548
- Matthias Schwarz, Equivalences for Morse homology, Geometry and topology in dynamics (Winston-Salem, NC, 1998/San Antonio, TX, 1999) Contemp. Math., vol. 246, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1999, pp. 197–216. MR 1732382, DOI 10.1090/conm/246/03785
- Aleksey Zinger, Counting rational curves of arbitrary shape in projective spaces, Geom. Topol. 9 (2005), 571–697. MR 2140990, DOI 10.2140/gt.2005.9.571
- A. Zinger, Reduced Genus-One Gromov-Witten Invariants, math.SG/0507103.
- Aleksey Zinger
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, SUNY, Stony Brook, New York 11790-3651
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): May 19, 2006
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: October 5, 2006
- Published electronically: December 20, 2007
- © Copyright 2007
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 360 (2008), 2741-2765
- MSC (2000): Primary 55N99, 57R95
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-07-04440-6
- MathSciNet review: 2373332