Abstract:We obtain mirror formulas for the genus 1 Gromov-Witten invariants of projective Calabi-Yau complete intersections. We follow the approach previously used for projective hypersurfaces by extending the scope of its algebraic results; there is little change in the geometric aspects. As an application, we check the genus 1 BPS integrality predictions in low degrees for all projective complete intersections of dimensions 3, 4, and 5.
- M. F. Atiyah and R. Bott, The moment map and equivariant cohomology, Topology 23 (1984), no. 1, 1–28. MR 721448, DOI 10.1016/0040-9383(84)90021-1
- M. Bershadsky, S. Cecotti, H. Ooguri, and C. Vafa, Holomorphic anomalies in topological field theories, Nuclear Phys. B 405 (1993), no. 2-3, 279–304. MR 1240687, DOI 10.1016/0550-3213(93)90548-4
- Philip Candelas, Xenia C. de la Ossa, Paul S. Green, and Linda Parkes, A pair of Calabi-Yau manifolds as an exactly soluble superconformal theory, Nuclear Phys. B 359 (1991), no. 1, 21–74. MR 1115626, DOI 10.1016/0550-3213(91)90292-6
- Geir Ellingsrud and Stein Arild Strømme, Bott’s formula and enumerative geometry, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 9 (1996), no. 1, 175–193. MR 1317230, DOI 10.1090/S0894-0347-96-00189-0
- Alexander B. Givental, Equivariant Gromov-Witten invariants, Internat. Math. Res. Notices 13 (1996), 613–663. MR 1408320, DOI 10.1155/S1073792896000414
- A. Klemm and R. Pandharipande, Enumerative geometry of Calabi-Yau 4-folds, Comm. Math. Phys. 281 (2008), no. 3, 621–653. MR 2415462, DOI 10.1007/s00220-008-0490-9
- Jun Li and Aleksey Zinger, On the genus-one Gromov-Witten invariants of complete intersections, J. Differential Geom. 82 (2009), no. 3, 641–690. MR 2534991
- Bong H. Lian, Kefeng Liu, and Shing-Tung Yau, Mirror principle. I, Asian J. Math. 1 (1997), no. 4, 729–763. MR 1621573, DOI 10.4310/AJM.1997.v1.n4.a5
- Kentaro Hori, Sheldon Katz, Albrecht Klemm, Rahul Pandharipande, Richard Thomas, Cumrun Vafa, Ravi Vakil, and Eric Zaslow, Mirror symmetry, Clay Mathematics Monographs, vol. 1, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI; Clay Mathematics Institute, Cambridge, MA, 2003. With a preface by Vafa. MR 2003030
- Rahul Pandharipande and Aleksey Zinger, Enumerative geometry of Calabi-Yau 5-folds, New developments in algebraic geometry, integrable systems and mirror symmetry (RIMS, Kyoto, 2008) Adv. Stud. Pure Math., vol. 59, Math. Soc. Japan, Tokyo, 2010, pp. 239–288. MR 2683212, DOI 10.2969/aspm/05910239
- A. Popa and A. Zinger, Mirror Symmetry for Closed, Open, and Unoriented Gromov-Witten Invariants, math/1010.1946v3.
- E. Scheidegger, unpublished note, 4 pages.
- Ravi Vakil and Aleksey Zinger, A desingularization of the main component of the moduli space of genus-one stable maps into $\Bbb P^n$, Geom. Topol. 12 (2008), no. 1, 1–95. MR 2377245, DOI 10.2140/gt.2008.12.1
- Don Zagier and Aleksey Zinger, Some properties of hypergeometric series associated with mirror symmetry, Modular forms and string duality, Fields Inst. Commun., vol. 54, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2008, pp. 163–177. MR 2454324
- Aleksey Zinger, Reduced genus-one Gromov-Witten invariants, J. Differential Geom. 83 (2009), no. 2, 407–460. MR 2577474
- Aleksey Zinger, On the structure of certain natural cones over moduli spaces of genus-one holomorphic maps, Adv. Math. 214 (2007), no. 2, 878–933. MR 2349722, DOI 10.1016/j.aim.2007.03.009
- Aleksey Zinger, Genus-zero two-point hyperplane integrals in the Gromov-Witten theory, Comm. Anal. Geom. 17 (2009), no. 5, 955–999. MR 2643736, DOI 10.4310/CAG.2009.v17.n5.a4
- Aleksey Zinger, Standard versus reduced genus-one Gromov-Witten invariants, Geom. Topol. 12 (2008), no. 2, 1203–1241. MR 2403808, DOI 10.2140/gt.2008.12.1203
- Aleksey Zinger, The reduced genus 1 Gromov-Witten invariants of Calabi-Yau hypersurfaces, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 22 (2009), no. 3, 691–737. MR 2505298, DOI 10.1090/S0894-0347-08-00625-5
- A. Zinger, The genus $0$ Gromov-Witten invariants of projective complete intersections, math/1106.1633v2.
- Alexandra Popa
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794-3651
- Address at time of publication: Department of Mathematics, Rutgers University–Hill Center for the Mathematical Sciences, 110 Frelinghuysen Rd., Piscataway, New Jersey 08854-8019
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): October 15, 2010
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: January 26, 2011
- Published electronically: October 2, 2012
- Additional Notes: This research was partially supported by DMS grant 0846978
- © Copyright 2012
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 365 (2013), 1149-1181
- MSC (2010): Primary 14N35
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-2012-05550-4
- MathSciNet review: 3003261