Visit our AMS COVID-19 page for educational and professional resources and scheduling updates
Welcome to AMS Open Math Notes, a repository of freely downloadable mathematical works in progress hosted by the American Mathematical Society as a service to researchers, teachers and students. These draft works include course notes, textbooks, and research expositions in progress. They have not been published elsewhere, and, as works in progress, are subject to significant revision. Visitors are encouraged to download and use these materials as teaching and research aids, and to send constructive comments and suggestions to the authors.
- Please submit your proposals through the web at www.ams.org/open-math-notes/omn-submit Proposals will be vetted by AMS Editors and an Advisory Board. This process will take about four weeks.
- Submitted material should be a relatively complete set of note, for example, for a course, lecture series, or monograph. Supplementary material may be included, such as a Problems List, or Examples List with Illustrations.
- Level of polish.
- It will be made clear to viewers that these Notes are works in progress, and may contain errors or inconsistencies. The main criterion for Open Math Notes suitability will be based on usability of the material for teaching or for aiding research.
- Originality and Permissions.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining the necessary permissions to use illustrations and excerpts of texts copied from the web or other sources. All of these should be properly cited.
- Periodic revisions can be made at the authors discretion and are encouraged.