Travel Grant Program for the Mathematical Congress of the Americas (MCA)
Applications will be welcome from U.S.-based mathematical scientists for partial travel support to attend the MCA 2021 (July 19-24, 2021) in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Awards will be contingent on a pending funding request that the AMS has made to the National Science Foundation (NSF). This travel grant program provides travel support for both U.S.-based mathematical scientists and U.S.-based early career mathematicians, with priority given to the latter. The Society is administering the selection, award, and reimbursement process.
- This program is open to mathematicians who have a full-time affiliation with an institution in the United States at the time of the Congress. Applications from individuals at all career stages and in all mathematical areas are welcome. Early-career mathematicians, women, and underrepresented minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
- It is the intent of this program to fund those who would not be able to participate in the Congress without this grant; specifically, it is not intended to be used by participants with existing external travel support. Early career mathematicians (those who will or who have received a doctorate no earlier than July 19, 2015) will receive priority in funding.
- AMS Employees are not eligible.
- Applications will be submitted electronically and reviewed by a panel of mathematical scientists. Award announcements should not be anticipated before mid-February, 2021.
- Early career mathematicians will be required to submit one letter of recommendation from a senior professional mathematician.
- Applications may be made beginning September 15, 2020 and they will be accepted until November 20, 2020. Visit this page for a link to the application at that time.
For questions about the travel grant program, contact Kim Kuda in the Professional Programs Department Kim Kuda by email, or by phone at 800-321-4267, ext. 4096, or 401-455-4096.
All information currently available about the MCA 2021 program and organization is located on the MCA 2021 website.