AMS Outreach Offerings
Through the following materials and services, the AMS promotes mathematics awareness to members, the mathematical and sciences communities, decision-makers on Capitol Hill, the media, and the general public.
Outreach and Communications
- Connecting the Mathematics Community: As part of our commitment to community engagement and the open flow of communication, we use social networking tools to interact with our diverse, worldwide audience.
- AMS Blogs: The AMS offers blogs for math graduate students, job-seekers, employers, early-career mathematicians, mentors, meeting attendees, math lovers and more. Keep up with our blogs through RSS feed or Twitter, then feel free to comment on the blog or through the social media platforms of your choice.
- AMS and mathematics news
- AMS for Students: a web page with news, deadlines and resources for high school and undergraduate math students and their teachers and advisors. Subscribe to an RSS feed to get alerts when new items are posted.
- Math in the Media: a monthly magazine summarizing mathematics and mathematicians covered by the media.
- Policy & Advocacy: Washington, DC briefings, exhibitions, and events.
Programs and Public Events
- Einstein Public Lectures: a series of public lectures given annually at one of the Society's eight sectional meetings.
- Arnold Ross Lectures: lectures for talented high school mathematics students to stimulate their interest in mathematics and show them the tremendous opportunities for careers in mathematics.
- Learn about other AMS programs.
Topics in Mathematics: Current Essays and Materials
- Feature Column: monthly essays on mathematical topics.
- Mathematical Moments: a series of podcasts and posters that describe the role mathematics plays in science, nature, technology, and human culture.
- Mathematical Imagery: images of mathematics-inspired art in various media.
- Posters (for mail order or download)
More outreach resources available under Math Samplings and In the News. For AMS books and journals, please visit the AMS Bookstore. For media inquiries, please visit our Information for the Media page.