On a device for computing the $e_ m(S_ n)$ tranformation
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by P. Wynn PDF
- Math. Comp. 10 (1956), 91-96 Request permission
- R. J. Schmidt, On the numerical solution of linear simultaneous equations by an iterative method, Philos. Mag. (7) 32 (1941), 369–383. MR 6231, DOI 10.1080/14786444108520797
- Daniel Shanks, Non-linear transformations of divergent and slowly convergent sequences, J. Math. and Phys. 34 (1955), 1–42. MR 68901, DOI 10.1002/sapm19553411 A. C. Aitken, Determinants and Matrices, Oliver and Boyd, 6th Ed., 1949, Ch. V, p. 108, formula (2) and p. 49, formula (9).
- F. W. J. Olver, The evaluation of zeros of high-degree polynomials, Philos. Trans. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A 244 (1952), 385–415. MR 49652, DOI 10.1098/rsta.1952.0010 D. Shanks, “An analogy between transients and mathematical sequences and some non-linear sequence-to-sequence transforms suggested by it,” Part I. Naval Ordnance Laboratory Memorandum 9994, White Oak, Md., 1949. E. T. Whittaker & G. Robinson, The Calculus of Observations, Blackie and Son Ltd., 4th Ed., Ch. XV, 1944, p. 369.
- © Copyright 1956 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 10 (1956), 91-96
- MSC: Primary 40.0X
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1956-0084056-6
- MathSciNet review: 0084056