Abstract:A method is developed and tables are presented which yield polynomial least squares forecasts by computing the inner product of two n-component vectors, where n is the number of observed points.
- A. Fletcher, J. C. P. Miller, L. Rosenhead, and L. J. Comrie, An index of mathematical tables. Vol. I: Introduction. Part I: Index according to functions, 2nd ed., Published for Scientific Computing Service Ltd., London, by Addison-Wesley Publishing Co., Inc., Reading, Mass., 1962. MR 0142796
- Jack Laderman, The square root method for solving simultaneous linear equations, Math. Tables Aids Comput. 3 (1948), 13–16. MR 25263, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1948-0025263-3
- James Singer, Elements of numerical analysis, Academic Press Textbooks in Mathematics, Academic Press, New York-London, 1964. MR 0165652
- © Copyright 1982 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 38 (1982), 601-610
- MSC: Primary 62J02; Secondary 65U05
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-82-99830-1