Abstract:In this paper we prove strict stability of high-order finite difference approximations of parabolic and symmetric hyperbolic systems of partial differential equations on bounded, curvilinear domains in two space dimensions. The boundary need not be smooth. We also show how to derive strict stability estimates for inhomogeneous boundary conditions.
- Heinz-Otto Kreiss and Jens Lorenz, Initial-boundary value problems and the Navier-Stokes equations, Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 136, Academic Press, Inc., Boston, MA, 1989. MR 998379
- Pelle Olsson, Summation by parts, projections, and stability. I, Math. Comp. 64 (1995), no. 211, 1035–1065, S23–S26. MR 1297474, DOI 10.1090/S0025-5718-1995-1297474-X
- © Copyright 1995 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 64 (1995), 1473-1493
- MSC: Primary 65M06; Secondary 65M12
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1995-1308459-9
- MathSciNet review: 1308459