Abstract:A compactification for any given convergence space is constructed. The compactification has the unique continuous extension property subject to reasonable assumptions on the range space. Properties of the compactification are studied.
- G. D. Richardson and D. C. Kent, Regular compactifications of convergence spaces, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 31 (1972), 571–573. MR 286074, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1972-0286074-2
- D. C. Kent and G. D. Richardson, Compactifications of convergence spaces, Internat. J. Math. Math. Sci. 2 (1979), no. 3, 345–368. MR 542954, DOI 10.1155/S0161171279000302
- © Copyright 1984 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 92 (1984), 301-304
- MSC: Primary 54A20; Secondary 54C20, 54C25, 54D35
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1984-0754726-1
- MathSciNet review: 754726