Abstract:We build on a result of Bowshell and Schultz to give a complete characterization of the groups which occur as the additive groups of $T$-rings. This answers a question of Feigelstock.
- R. A. Bowshell and P. Schultz, Unital rings whose additive endomorphisms commute, Math. Ann. 228 (1977), no. 3, 197–214. MR 498691, DOI 10.1007/BF01420290
- L. Fuchs, Abelian groups, Publishing House of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, 1958. MR 0106942 —, Infinite Abelian groups, Vols. 1 and 2, Academic Press, New York and London, 1970 and 1973.
- S. Feigelstock, Additive groups of rings, Research Notes in Mathematics, vol. 83, Pitman (Advanced Publishing Program), Boston, MA, 1983. MR 704506
- © Copyright 1987 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 99 (1987), 219-220
- MSC: Primary 20K99; Secondary 16A99
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1987-0870774-8
- MathSciNet review: 870774