Abstract:We show that a primeness criterion for enveloping algebras of Lie superalgebras discovered by Bell is applicable to the Cartan type Lie superalgebras $W(n)$, $n$ even. Other algebras are considered but there are no definitive answers in these cases.
- Allen D. Bell, A criterion for primeness of enveloping algebras of Lie superalgebras, J. Pure Appl. Algebra 69 (1990), no. 2, 111–120. MR 1086554, DOI 10.1016/0022-4049(90)90036-H
- Ellen Kirkman and James Kuzmanovich, Minimal prime ideals in enveloping algebras of Lie superalgebras, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. (to appear).
- Manfred Scheunert, The theory of Lie superalgebras, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 716, Springer, Berlin, 1979. An introduction. MR 537441, DOI 10.1007/BFb0070929
- Efim Zelmanov, personal communication.
- Mark Curtis Wilson
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, University of Wisconsin, 480 Lincoln Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706-1388
- Address at time of publication: Department of Mathematics, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
- MR Author ID: 356004
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Received by editor(s): July 28, 1994
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: August 31, 1994
- Additional Notes: Research supported by the NSF through grant DMS-9224662
The material in this paper will be included in the author’s Ph.D. thesis
- Communicated by: Ken Goodearl
- © Copyright 1996 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 124 (1996), 383-387
- MSC (1991): Primary 17A70; Secondary 17B35
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-96-03111-5
- MathSciNet review: 1301535