Abstract:We investigate how planar Sobolev-Orlicz homeomorphisms map sets of Hausdorff dimension less than two. With the correct gauge functions the generalized Hausdorff measures of the image sets are shown to be zero.
- F. W. Gehring and J. Väisälä, Hausdorff dimension and quasiconformal mappings, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 6 (1973), 504–512. MR 324028, DOI 10.1112/jlms/s2-6.3.504
- David A. Herron and Pekka Koskela, Mappings of finite distortion: gauge dimension of generalized quasicircles, Illinois J. Math. 47 (2003), no. 4, 1243–1259. MR 2037001
- Tadeusz Iwaniec and Anna Verde, A study of Jacobians in Hardy-Orlicz spaces, Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh Sect. A 129 (1999), no. 3, 539–570. MR 1693625, DOI 10.1017/S0308210500021508
- Janne Kauhanen, Pekka Koskela, and Jan Malý, Mappings of finite distortion: condition N, Michigan Math. J. 49 (2001), no. 1, 169–181. MR 1827080, DOI 10.1307/mmj/1008719040
- Pekka Koskela, Aleksandra Zapadinskaya, and Thomas Zürcher, Generalized dimension distortion under planar Sobolev homeomorphisms, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 137 (2009), no. 11, 3815–3821. MR 2529891, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-09-09948-1
- P. Koskela, A. Zapadinskaya and T. Zürcher, Mappings of finite distortion: generalized Hausdorff dimension distortion, J. Geom. Anal. 20 (2010), no. 3, 690–704.
- O. Lehto and K. I. Virtanen, Quasiconformal mappings in the plane, 2nd ed., Die Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften, Band 126, Springer-Verlag, New York-Heidelberg, 1973. Translated from the German by K. W. Lucas. MR 0344463
- M. Marcus and V. J. Mizel, Transformations by functions in Sobolev spaces and lower semicontinuity for parametric variational problems, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 79 (1973), 790–795. MR 322651, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9904-1973-13319-1
- Ju. G. Rešetnjak, Certain geometric properties of functions and mappings with generalized derivatives, Sibirsk. Mat. . 7 (1966), 886–919 (Russian). MR 0203013
- Tapio Rajala
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics and Statistics, P.O. Box 35 (MaD), FI-40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- MR Author ID: 838027
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): October 30, 2009
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: May 28, 2010
- Published electronically: July 8, 2010
- Additional Notes: The author acknowledges the support of the Academy of Finland, project No. 211229.
- Communicated by: Mario Bonk
- © Copyright 2010
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 139 (2011), 1825-1829
- MSC (2010): Primary 30C65
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-2010-10464-1
- MathSciNet review: 2763769