Abstract:In this article, we develop an algorithm that computes the $F$-pure threshold of a binomial hypersurface over a field of characteristic $p>0$. This algorithm is related to earlier work of Shibuta and Takagi (e.g., both depend on properties of certain associated rational polytopes), but differs in that it works in all characteristics.
- Daniel J. Hernández
- Affiliation: Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, 17 Gauss Way, Berkeley, California 94720-5070
- Address at time of publication: Department of Mathematics, The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): October 11, 2011
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: July 13, 2012
- Published electronically: March 28, 2014
- Additional Notes: The author was partially supported by the National Science Foundation RTG grant number 0502170 at the University of Michigan.
- Communicated by: Irena Peeva
- © Copyright 2014 Daniel J. Hernández
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 142 (2014), 2227-2242
- MSC (2010): Primary 13A35, 13B25, 13P99, 14Q10
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-2014-11941-1
- MathSciNet review: 3195749