Abstract:The structure of E-unitary inverse semigroups has been described by McAlister and by Reilly and the author. The parameters in the first structure theorem may be made into a category, and the same holds for the parameters in the second structure theorem. We prove that each of these categories is equivalent to the category of E-unitary inverse semigroups and their homomorphisms. We also provide functors between the two first-mentioned categories which are naturally equivalent to the composition of the functors figuring in the categorical equivalence referred to above.
- D. B. McAlister, Groups, semilattices and inverse semigroups. I, II, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 192 (1974), 227–244; ibid. 196 (1974), 351–370. MR 357660, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1974-0357660-2 —, Groups, semilattices and inverse semigroups. II, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 196 (1974), 351-370.
- Saunders MacLane, Categories for the working mathematician, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Vol. 5, Springer-Verlag, New York-Berlin, 1971. MR 0354798
- W. D. Munn, A note on $E$-unitary inverse semigroups, Bull. London Math. Soc. 8 (1976), no. 1, 71–76. MR 396809, DOI 10.1112/blms/8.1.71
- N. R. Reilly and W. D. Munn, $E$-unitary congruences on inverse semigroups, Glasgow Math. J. 17 (1976), no. 1, 57–75. MR 404498, DOI 10.1017/S0017089500002731
- M. Petrich and N. R. Reilly, A representation of $E$-unitary inverse semigroups, Quart. J. Math. Oxford Ser. (2) 30 (1979), no. 119, 339–350. MR 545069, DOI 10.1093/qmath/30.3.339
- Boris M. Schein, A new proof for the McAlister “$P$-theorem”, Semigroup Forum 10 (1975), no. 2, 185–188. MR 379716, DOI 10.1007/BF02194884
- © Copyright 1980 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 259 (1980), 493-503
- MSC: Primary 20M10; Secondary 18B10
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-1980-0567092-2
- MathSciNet review: 567092