Abstract:For strictly stationary sequences of random variables two mixing conditions are studied which together form the $\psi$-mixing condition. For the dependence coefficients associated with these two mixing conditions this article gives results on the possible limiting values and possible rates of convergence to these limits.
H. C. P. Berbee, Weak Bernoulli processes, periodicity and renewal theory on the integers, Free University of Amsterdam, Report no. 167, April 1981.
- J. R. Blum, D. L. Hanson, and L. H. Koopmans, On the strong law of large numbers for a class of stochastic processes, Z. Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie und Verw. Gebiete 2 (1963), 1–11. MR 161369, DOI 10.1007/BF00535293
- Richard C. Bradley Jr., On the $\varphi$-mixing condition for stationary random sequences, Duke Math. J. 47 (1980), no. 2, 421–433. MR 575905
- Richard C. Bradley Jr., Absolute regularity and functions of Markov chains, Stochastic Process. Appl. 14 (1983), no. 1, 67–77. MR 676274, DOI 10.1016/0304-4149(83)90047-9
- H. Kesten and G. L. O’Brien, Examples of mixing sequences, Duke Math. J. 43 (1976), no. 2, 405–415. MR 410874, DOI 10.1215/S0012-7094-76-04336-2
- © Copyright 1983 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 276 (1983), 55-66
- MSC: Primary 60G10; Secondary 60F99
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-1983-0684493-5
- MathSciNet review: 684493