Rates of mixing for potentials of summable variation
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by Mark Pollicott PDF
- Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 352 (2000), 843-853 Request permission
Abstract:It is well known that for subshifts of finite type and equilibrium measures associated to Hölder potentials we have exponential decay of correlations. In this article we derive explicit rates of mixing for equilibrium states associated to more general potentials.
- Rufus Bowen, Equilibrium states and the ergodic theory of Anosov diffeomorphisms, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 470, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1975. MR 0442989
- N. I. Chernov, Markov approximations and decay of correlations for Anosov flows, Ann. of Math. (2) 147 (1998), no. 2, 269–324. MR 1626741, DOI 10.2307/121010
- M. I. Gordin, The central limit theorem for stationary processes, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 188 (1969), 739–741 (Russian). MR 0251785
- A. Kachurovskii, Rate of convergence in ergodic theorems, Russian Math. Surveys 51:4 (1996), 73-124.
- Abdelaziz Kondah, Véronique Maume, and Bernard Schmitt, Vitesse de convergence vers l’état d’équilibre pour des dynamiques markoviennes non höldériennes, Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré Probab. Statist. 33 (1997), no. 6, 675–695 (French, with English and French summaries). MR 1484537, DOI 10.1016/S0246-0203(97)80109-4
- C. Liverani, Flows, random perturbations and the rate of mixing, Ergod. Th. and Dynam. Sys., to appear.
- Peter Walters, Ruelle’s operator theorem and $g$-measures, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 214 (1975), 375–387. MR 412389, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9947-1975-0412389-8
- Peter Walters, An introduction to ergodic theory, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 79, Springer-Verlag, New York-Berlin, 1982. MR 648108
- A. Fisher and A. Lopes, Polynomial decay of correlation and the central limit theorem for the equilibrium state of a non-Hölder potential, Preprint.
- Mark Pollicott
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Manchester University, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL, England
- MR Author ID: 140805
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): September 22, 1997
- Published electronically: September 17, 1999
- © Copyright 1999 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 352 (2000), 843-853
- MSC (1991): Primary 58Fxx
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9947-99-02382-X
- MathSciNet review: 1621698