The JMM Program Committee
The committee has eight or more members defined as
- One member of the Secretariat
- One member of CoMC
- Six at large members appointed by the President, in consultation with the Secretariat; members should be chosen to reflect the full spectrum of interests and values of the community
- At most two members from each level A JMM partner society, as decided by that society
- The Chair is appointed by the President
- Terms are one year, renewable
- Reviews proposals for panels, Professional Enhancement Programs (PEPs), workshops and other events.
- Maintains an overview of the scientific/educational/professional portion of the meeting and how events coordinate to achieve meeting goals.
- May propose to invite the organization of a special event, such as a workshop or PEP.
Statement on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
(as adopted by the April 2019 Council)
The American Mathematical Society is committed to promoting and facilitating equity, diversity and inclusion throughout the mathematical sciences. For its own long-term prosperity as well as that of the public at large, our discipline must connect with and appropriately incorporate all sectors of society. We reaffirm the pledge in the AMS Mission Statement to "advance the status of the profession of mathematics, encouraging and facilitating full participation of all individuals," and urge all members to conduct their professional activities with this goal in mind.
Note to the Chair
For the purpose of archiving the committee activities, the Secretary maintains a central file system for archiving committee records. Committee Chairs are asked to submit committee records on yearly basis. Chairs can submit material at their discretion, and some materials that they may wish to provide are meeting minutes, agenda, and emails. Confidential material should be noted, so that it can be handled in a confidential manner.
- 03 January 2023 Council, Item 3.3. "JMM partner" was added to the bullet "At most two members from each level A JMM partner society, as decided by that society" to make the sentence clearer.
- 04 January 2022 Council, Item 4.6.1. The number of members from each level A society was changed from one to at most two members.
- 25 April 2020 Council Minutes, Item 18.104.22.168. Committee was created and charge was approved.
- 24 April 2021 Council, Item 6.8: Added the Statement on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion