An inequality with applications to statistical estimation for probabilistic functions of Markov processes and to a model for ecology
HTML articles powered by AMS MathViewer
- by Leonard E. Baum and J. A. Eagon PDF
- Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 73 (1967), 360-363
1. L. E. Baum, A statistical estimation procedure for probabilistic functions of Markov processes, IDA-CRD Working Paper No. 131.
- G. R. Blakley, Homogeneous nonnegative symmetric quadratic transformations, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 70 (1964), 712–715. MR 197476, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9904-1964-11182-4 3. G. R. Blakley and R. D. Dixon, The sequence of iterates of a non-negative nonlinear transformation. III, The theory of homogeneous symmetric transformations and related differential equations, (to appear). 4. G. R. Blakley, Natural selection in ecosystems from the standpoint of mathematical genetics, (to appear).
- Wolfgang Hahn, Theory and application of Liapunov’s direct method, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1963. English edition prepared by Siegfried H. Lehnigk; translation by Hans H. Losenthien and Siegfried H. Lehnigk. MR 0147716 6. G. H. Hardy, J. E. Littlewood, and G. Pólya, Inequalities, Cambridge Univ. Press, New York, 1959. 7. Ted Petrie, Classification of equivalent processes which are probabilistic functions of finite Markov chains, IDA-CRD Working Paper No. 181, IDA-CRD Log No. 8694.
- Journal: Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 73 (1967), 360-363
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9904-1967-11751-8
- MathSciNet review: 0210217