The determination of all imaginary, quartic, abelian number fields with class number $1$
Author: Bennett Setzer
Journal: Math. Comp. 35 (1980), 1383-1386
MSC: Primary 12A30; Secondary 12A50
MathSciNet review: 583516
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: In this paper, it is proved that there are just seven imaginary number fields, quartic cyclic over the rational field, and having class number 1. These are the quartic, cyclic imaginary subfields of the cyclotomic fields generated by the fth roots of unity, where f is 16 or is a prime less than 100. This completes the list of imaginary, quartic, abelian number fields with class number 1. There are 54 such fields, with maximal conductor 67.163.
- Ezra Brown and Charles J. Parry, The imaginary bicyclic biquadratic fields with class-number $1$, J. Reine Angew. Math. 266 (1974), 118–120. MR 340219, DOI https://doi.org/10.1515/crll.1974.266.118
- Helmut Hasse, Über die Klassenzahl abelscher Zahlkörper, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1952 (German). MR 0049239
- H. L. Montgomery and P. J. Weinberger, Notes on small class numbers, Acta Arith. 24 (1973/74), 529–542. MR 357373, DOI https://doi.org/10.4064/aa-24-5-529-542
- H. M. Stark, On complex quadratic fields wth class-number two, Math. Comp. 29 (1975), 289–302. MR 369313, DOI https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1975-0369313-X
- Kôji Uchida, Imaginary abelian number fields with class number one, Tohoku Math. J. (2) 24 (1972), 487–499. MR 321904, DOI https://doi.org/10.2748/tmj/1178241490
E. BROWN & C. J. PARRY, "The imaginary bicyclic biquadratic fields with class number 1," J. Reine Angew. Math., v. 266, 1974, pp. 118-120.
HELMUT HASSE, Über die Klassenzahl abelscher Zahlkorper, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1952.
H. L. MONTGOMERY & P. J. WEINBERGER, "Notes on small class numbers," Acta Arith., v. 24, 1974, pp. 529-542.
HAROLD STARK, "On complex quadratic fields with class number two," Math. Comp., v. 29, 1975, pp. 289-302.
KÔJI UCHIDA, "Imaginary abelian number fields with class number 1," Tôhoku Math. J. (2), v. 24, 1972, pp. 487-499.